Help with robot building!

Discussions regarding building a walking robot at home. Most of the robots participating at Robo-One competitions are custom fabricated.
1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1

Help with robot building!

Post by robobuilderichard » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Post by robobuilderichard
Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Hi there!

I am relativly new to robot building but I would love to learn and have some fun doing it. So my question is if anyone could help me out with finding perhaps a kit or help me source parts with a robot that can do the basics along the lines of humanoide or maybe more (depending on how i programe it of course) but also that has speech recognition or even if it could "respond" if that is possible.

This is more just going to be a hobby project for me where i learn more about building but also programming and such so if there is anyone who could reccomend something that would be great!

My budget is roughly going to be 150 euros max.
And dont worry to much about the complexity if it is more for intermediate or advanced since I have you guys for feedback and also my father knows a bit about elecronics and programming.

Thanks guys!

Yours sincerely,
"The noob"
Hi there!

I am relativly new to robot building but I would love to learn and have some fun doing it. So my question is if anyone could help me out with finding perhaps a kit or help me source parts with a robot that can do the basics along the lines of humanoide or maybe more (depending on how i programe it of course) but also that has speech recognition or even if it could "respond" if that is possible.

This is more just going to be a hobby project for me where i learn more about building but also programming and such so if there is anyone who could reccomend something that would be great!

My budget is roughly going to be 150 euros max.
And dont worry to much about the complexity if it is more for intermediate or advanced since I have you guys for feedback and also my father knows a bit about elecronics and programming.

Thanks guys!

Yours sincerely,
"The noob"
robobuilderichard offline

1 postPage 1 of 1
1 postPage 1 of 1