RB1000, VS-H8PWM28V2 controller, DSR and RDS servos
2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1

rb1000 usb/serial problems

Post by plingboot » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by plingboot
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:24 pm

hi all,
i'm having problems (no luck) connecting to my RB1000. I don't have a 9pin serial port, but do have 3 different serial/usb convertors (lindy, keyspan and a maplin own brand) i've tried all three and just get errors (checked that im using the correct port).

the error is either a problem with the connection or the board firmware is not compatible with the software - which i find hard to believe.

i did use the lindy convertor with my RN1 and it worked ok.

if anyone has any ideas - i'd much appreciate it - as i'm stuck with just the auto demo at the moment :(
hi all,
i'm having problems (no luck) connecting to my RB1000. I don't have a 9pin serial port, but do have 3 different serial/usb convertors (lindy, keyspan and a maplin own brand) i've tried all three and just get errors (checked that im using the correct port).

the error is either a problem with the connection or the board firmware is not compatible with the software - which i find hard to believe.

i did use the lindy convertor with my RN1 and it worked ok.

if anyone has any ideas - i'd much appreciate it - as i'm stuck with just the auto demo at the moment :(
plingboot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Ray » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by Ray
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:15 pm

Hi,

i've tried all three and just get errors (checked that im using the correct port).

make sure you set the usb in serial port 1 in the hardware tap of the window XP and that the usb can has a speed 38.4kbps

set the com port to port 1 in the "Settings" button
make sure you set all the DIP switchs in upper position before turn-on the RB1000

press the "Line" icon then the "Bulb" icon
Hi,

i've tried all three and just get errors (checked that im using the correct port).

make sure you set the usb in serial port 1 in the hardware tap of the window XP and that the usb can has a speed 38.4kbps

set the com port to port 1 in the "Settings" button
make sure you set all the DIP switchs in upper position before turn-on the RB1000

press the "Line" icon then the "Bulb" icon
Ray offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

2 postsPage 1 of 1
2 postsPage 1 of 1