Sumotori

3D Humanoid robot simulation, simulated robot physics, 3D models, Humanoid robot Art
17 postsPage 1 of 21, 2
17 postsPage 1 of 21, 2

Sumotori

Post by billyzelsnack » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by billyzelsnack
Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:53 pm

billyzelsnack offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Post by limor
Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:02 pm

This is pure genius in so many ways that it puts to shame the whole video gaming industry (and our meager attempts at making stable walking/fighting robots).

1) the entire code is 96k exe file. .. any main(){printf("hello world\n");} compiled under VS.NET generates 2mb of useless code.

2) it supposedly runs on pure VGA.. no directx/GL (not too sure about that)

3) The meshes are generated through fractal processes and saved to text files before the game starts

4) uses ODE with breakable joints mod for rigid body physics simulation

5) the humanoids are REALY standing and walking and fighting!!!!!!!!!!!
quote: "Yes, they have an AI brain. This means, no stored keyframes/animation."
-- unlike in video games where they just play pre-recorded motion sequences. these use a gait (like our humanoids) to get the robot to roll over, bend and stand on its feet !!BUT!! uses *feedback control* to keep the robot standing

i'm considering donating a bot hooked up with gumstix to this guy if he can get him to walk by feedback control in 4 days as he did in the demo..
This is pure genius in so many ways that it puts to shame the whole video gaming industry (and our meager attempts at making stable walking/fighting robots).

1) the entire code is 96k exe file. .. any main(){printf("hello world\n");} compiled under VS.NET generates 2mb of useless code.

2) it supposedly runs on pure VGA.. no directx/GL (not too sure about that)

3) The meshes are generated through fractal processes and saved to text files before the game starts

4) uses ODE with breakable joints mod for rigid body physics simulation

5) the humanoids are REALY standing and walking and fighting!!!!!!!!!!!
quote: "Yes, they have an AI brain. This means, no stored keyframes/animation."
-- unlike in video games where they just play pre-recorded motion sequences. these use a gait (like our humanoids) to get the robot to roll over, bend and stand on its feet !!BUT!! uses *feedback control* to keep the robot standing

i'm considering donating a bot hooked up with gumstix to this guy if he can get him to walk by feedback control in 4 days as he did in the demo..
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:11 pm

Post by limor
Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:11 pm

phpBB [media]

this next one shows feedback control and a hidden mode in the game.

phpBB [media]

I wonder how long it will take until Microsoft/Intel/Samsung will buy off this guy or have him killed since he obviously is spreading poison in the tech community about the conspiracy related to Vista's need for 2gb memory, 2Tb disks and 4ghz CPUs.
phpBB [media]

this next one shows feedback control and a hidden mode in the game.

phpBB [media]

I wonder how long it will take until Microsoft/Intel/Samsung will buy off this guy or have him killed since he obviously is spreading poison in the tech community about the conspiracy related to Vista's need for 2gb memory, 2Tb disks and 4ghz CPUs.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Post by limor
Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:32 pm

btw: more of genius gems can be found at at http://breakpoint.untergrund.net/download.php?dir=2007/
btw: more of genius gems can be found at at http://breakpoint.untergrund.net/download.php?dir=2007/
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by 1UpCheatachu » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 pm

Post by 1UpCheatachu
Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 pm

I wonder how to get to the secret part...
I wonder how to get to the secret part...
1UpCheatachu offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Post by limor
Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:23 pm

I havent found a way to get to the secret mode but i saw a blog stating that you have to shoot in different directions in the setup options screen.
:?:
I havent found a way to get to the secret mode but i saw a blog stating that you have to shoot in different directions in the setup options screen.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by srobot » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:14 pm

Post by srobot
Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:14 pm

limor wrote:I havent found a way to get to the secret mode but i saw a blog stating that you have to shoot in different directions in the setup options screen.

I got into it!!!

All I did was I shot random cubes in the starting screen!

I was trying to nock the wall down (but failed).

--Scotty

Edit - I did it again, just shoot random cubes!
limor wrote:I havent found a way to get to the secret mode but i saw a blog stating that you have to shoot in different directions in the setup options screen.

I got into it!!!

--Scotty

Dell Latitude D520, Windows XP, 4 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD, Intel Core 2 Duo. The power that's needed!

RIBO Labs, Springing Robotic Development to a New Level
srobot offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by 1UpCheatachu » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:53 pm

Post by 1UpCheatachu
Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:53 pm

srobot wrote:

I got into it!!!

--Scotty

Almost, not quite.

Shoot a cube at the circled board and you're in.

EDIT: If it's hard to see, I'll post a larger version.
srobot wrote:

I got into it!!!

--Scotty

Almost, not quite.

Shoot a cube at the circled board and you're in.

EDIT: If it's hard to see, I'll post a larger version.
1UpCheatachu offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Droid Works » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:43 am

Post by Droid Works
Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:43 am

Anyone else haveing a problem with your pc crashing 4 min into playing? If so is there a fix?
Anyone else haveing a problem with your pc crashing 4 min into playing? If so is there a fix?
Droid Works offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:08 am

Post by limor
Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:08 am

thanks for cracking the secret mode!
if only he had added a small piece of adaptive learning code, the robot would learn not to fall from being hit in the head by bricks :lol:

btw: it was crashing on my system too but removing the sound solved this.
thanks for cracking the secret mode!
if only he had added a small piece of adaptive learning code, the robot would learn not to fall from being hit in the head by bricks :lol:

btw: it was crashing on my system too but removing the sound solved this.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by Droid Works » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:45 am

Post by Droid Works
Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:45 am

Thanks, just tried it with no sound and it works fine now.
Thanks, just tried it with no sound and it works fine now.
Droid Works offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by billyzelsnack » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:42 pm

Post by billyzelsnack
Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:42 pm

limor wrote:i'm considering donating a bot hooked up with gumstix to this guy if he can get him to walk by feedback control in 4 days as he did in the demo..

This is the guy you'd probably want to send a free bot to..

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~van/papers/simbicon/simbicon.html
limor wrote:i'm considering donating a bot hooked up with gumstix to this guy if he can get him to walk by feedback control in 4 days as he did in the demo..

This is the guy you'd probably want to send a free bot to..

Last edited by billyzelsnack on Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billyzelsnack offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by daxx2k » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm

Post by daxx2k
Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:25 pm

yep that's very cool, there is also endorphin , a dynamics simulation software with biped, quadruped and whatever you want to simulate thal allow you to create different behaviour like : "put your hand foward when you are falling" , "try to stay in balance when you are falling" and stuff like that. maybe it's a good point how far we can drive our robot to run similar action.

http://www.naturalmotion.com/endorphin.htm

phpBB [media]
yep that's very cool, there is also endorphin , a dynamics simulation software with biped, quadruped and whatever you want to simulate thal allow you to create different behaviour like : "put your hand foward when you are falling" , "try to stay in balance when you are falling" and stuff like that. maybe it's a good point how far we can drive our robot to run similar action.

http://www.naturalmotion.com/endorphin.htm

phpBB [media]
daxx2k offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by limor » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:19 am

Post by limor
Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:19 am

billyzelsnack wrote:

This is the guy you'd probably want to send a free bot too..

There's no lack of academics exploring biped locomotion. The fascinating thing about Sumotori is that the it was done by a hacker with some unbelievable constraints. Just the type to be able to get a real robot to do the same in a limited timeframe.

And regarding Endorphin.. i'm inspired by by how these guys managed to carve themselves a very cool niche in a lucrative market basically utilizing the same control models that are needed to take our humanoids to a higher level of stability and movement.
In simulation things are much easier than in robot world. Spiderman has no problem applying a 2000 Newton burst torque on his knee joint required to give a kung fu kick to some simulated guy that will throw him 20ft up in the air and 150ft away. Even with advanced control our real humanoid robots would be limited to tai-chi and yoga.
billyzelsnack wrote:

This is the guy you'd probably want to send a free bot too..

There's no lack of academics exploring biped locomotion. The fascinating thing about Sumotori is that the it was done by a hacker with some unbelievable constraints. Just the type to be able to get a real robot to do the same in a limited timeframe.

And regarding Endorphin.. i'm inspired by by how these guys managed to carve themselves a very cool niche in a lucrative market basically utilizing the same control models that are needed to take our humanoids to a higher level of stability and movement.
In simulation things are much easier than in robot world. Spiderman has no problem applying a 2000 Newton burst torque on his knee joint required to give a kung fu kick to some simulated guy that will throw him 20ft up in the air and 150ft away. Even with advanced control our real humanoid robots would be limited to tai-chi and yoga.
limor offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Post by billyzelsnack » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Post by billyzelsnack
Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:15 pm

I dunno.. I like to think that 'm pretty good at seeing past academic BS. This paper stands out IMO. If you didn't take the chance to read the paper I recommend you check it out.
I dunno.. I like to think that 'm pretty good at seeing past academic BS. This paper stands out IMO. If you didn't take the chance to read the paper I recommend you check it out.
billyzelsnack offline
Savvy Roboteer
Savvy Roboteer

Next
Next
17 postsPage 1 of 21, 2
17 postsPage 1 of 21, 2